Lately, Ty has been such a conversationalist. Yes, a toddler conversation, but a chat nonetheless. Here are few that I revel at.
Ty: What that noise?
Me: That's the water upstairs. (Jon was taking Tess a bath and we were in his playroom and he heard it near the wall.)
Ty: Why it there?
Me: There are pipes in the wall.
Ty: Why?
Me: (I explained how water works in a minimal way. Then, I showed him what the pipes look like under the sink and explained how it worked.)
Ty: Where it come from?
Me: The reservoirs. (The short answer)
Ty: What a reveroir?
Me: It holds water.
Then we looked up some reservoirs and lake pictures and he was content.
---
Driving in the car, we were talking about crooked and straight. So I was telling him about crooked and he replied with "right, right, right" in such a funny voice. Then I started laughing. He started laughing. Then he said, "Crack me up!"
---
He's really good at asking what words are when he doesn't know what they mean. I told Ty thanks for protecting me (he was making sure I didn't get hurt) . Then, he said, "What putetin?" I said it was when you take care of something. He said, "Oh. Me putetin mommy."
---
I love him. I really, really, really, really, really love him.
Such a smartie. I love this age of inquisitiveness.
ReplyDelete